iPad Use Guidelines for Students
Yarmouth Elementary School
Belief Statement: The Yarmouth School Department provides technology, networks, and Internet access to support the educational mission of the schools and to enhance teaching and learning opportunities for students and school staff.
- Student use of Yarmouth Elementary computers, tablets, networks and Internet services is a privilege, not a right.
- Teachers at Yarmouth Elementary School monitor technology and Internet activity by students, and students are expected to follow all access rules.
- Unacceptable use or activity may result in a change in access to technology by a student.
Student agreements (filled in and signed each fall by YES students):
I agree to...
- ...use only the iPad assigned to me.
- ...use my iPad to learn about or complete school assignments.
- ...use only the apps and websites that my teacher and school have approved.
- ...use the Internet only with teacher supervision.
- ...only look for information on the Internet that is school-related.
- ...keep my iPad away from water or food.
- ...use good manners when using my iPad. This includes:
- Being polite when writing.
- Using only my own password when logging onto any online account.
- ...let a teacher know if anything happens that seems dangerous, inappropriate or makes me feel uncomfortable when I am using any technology.
- ...take responsibility for all that I do while using technology equipment and resources, including charging my iPad when needed.
- ...lose my technology privileges and there may be other consequences if I do not follow these rules.
Student signature: ___________________________________________________
I have read and reviewed these guidelines with my student.
Parent signature: ____________________________________________________