Dear Parents and Guardians,
Today’s snow day provides us the opportunity to share upcoming information and events as we prepare for the last week of classes prior to the February vacation.
February Break Laptop Collection - All computers in grades 9 -12 will be collected at 2:35 PM on Friday, February 14th at the end of Period 5. Please take a few minutes to review the following information:
If students are leaving early..
- Make sure that your child stops by the office and picks up the correct paperwork.
- Students should turn in their computer directly to the Innovation Lab when they leave
If students would like an extra day for work...
- The main office will be open on Tuesday, February 18th - from 10:00 am - 2:00 PM and Wednesday, February 19th - from 10:00 am - 2:00 PM
- Students should sign up here or in the innovation lab prior to vacation if they would like to participate.
Food Drive - During the next few weeks, the Interact Club will be collecting food and monetary donations. Bins will be available in each of the Yarmouth Schools; food and money donations will also be collected at First Parish Church on Friday 2/28 from 5:30pm to 6:30 and Saturday 2/29 8:30am to 10:30am. Please see this link for more information. Checks should be made out to the Yarmouth Community Food Pantry.
YGT - The tenth annual Yarmouth's Got Talent competition is coming up!
All talent is welcome to audition – music, dance, arts, magic, comedy…or any creative endeavor that will win over the audience! Auditions will be after school on Monday, March 23.
- K-4 Entry Forms due by Monday, March 16
- 5-12 Entry Forms due by Thursday, March 19
This year's show is on Friday, March 27. (Snow date is 3/28). Cash prizes for first and second place in each age group are based on audience vote. Official rules and entry forms can be Yarmouth'sGotTalent.org. Please see this link for more information.
Winter Sports Update - Many of our YHS Clipper teams have made it to postseason action, and we’d like to congratulate the girls’ nordic ski team for their recent Western Maine Conference Championship. Come support our student athletes at the following February 8th “Super Saturday” events:
- Girls’ Swimming Southwestern Championships - 3 pm @ Cape Elizabeth High School
- Girls’ Hockey Semi-Finals - 4 pm @ the Lewiston Colisee
- Indoor Track Western Maine Championships - 5 pm @ USM
- Boys Hockey - 5:30 pm @ NYA Arena
- KVAC/MVC Skiing Championships - Titcomb Mountain
Next week, don’t miss the Boys’ Swimming Southwestern Championships on Monday at 5 pm at Cape Elizabeth.
Parent Feedback on Clipper Wrap Up - If you haven’t done so already, please take a few minutes to complete this survey on the end-of-semester schedule (the link has been updated and will now accept responses).
Eric Klein, Amy Bongard, and David Creech - YHS Administrative Team