posted Mar 31, 2014, 8:03 AM by Josh_Ottow@yarmouthschools.org
Dear YHS Parents,
I have information about a number of items in this email. We are beginning the very busy season of spring at YHS (even though the ground doesn't look like spring just yet) as you will see from the long list below. I hope this is helpful to you.
- Congratulations to the Playmakers for winning the Class B One Act Play State Championship last Saturday night. They will travel to St. Johnsbury, VT April 15-17 to represent Maine at the New England One Act Festival.
- Pizza Regatta, Tomorrow, March 29 from 11:30-2:30: Come to the YHS Cafeteria and support Yarmouth Crew at the Pizza Regatta where you can spend $8.00 for an all you can eat lunch.
- Opening Day of Spring Sports, Monday, March 31: If your son or daughter has not yet signed up for a spring sport or if you have any questions about the athletic program, be sure to contact Susan Robbins.
- "Science Augmentation" Test, Wednesday, April 2: This is the day that all juniors take the "Science Augmentation" test as part of the Maine state tests. This will take place starting at 8:40 AM and will go through until approximately 10:45 AM. Most of the Maine state test is done through students taking the SAT in May, but since there is no science tested on the SAT, this assessment will give us information about how our students are doing in science.
- College Information Night, Wednesday, April 2, 6:30-8:00: This is an opportunity primarily for sophomores, juniors and their parents to hear first hand from college admissions professionals about the college admission process, including information about course selection, types of admission (early, rolling, regular, etc.), the value of a campus visit, and the role of the interview. We will have admissions staff from Bates, University of Maine and Wheaton.
- Power of One Exhibition, Thursday, April 3, 6:30-8:00: This is the night that the ninth graders share their learning from the Power of One project that focused on addressing hunger.
- Senior Talent Show, Friday, April 4, 7:00 PM, Yarmouth Performing Arts Center: This is a great opportunity to be entertained by lots of different seniors with music, dance, performance, and film. Tickets are $5.00 and all proceeds go to Project Graduation.
- School Physicals, Thursday, April 10, 8:00-11:00 AM: If you would like to have a free physical so that your son or daughter can remain eligible for athletics, please complete the attached form and return it to Margi Moran, School Nurse, no later than Friday, April 4. If you have questions, please call (846-5535) or email Margi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reminder about Driving to School: With many students recently getting licenses, please remember that if you want your son or daughter to drive to school, we ask all student drivers to drop off a copy of their car registration to the main office to keep on file. This information will be kept in a confidential database that can be accessed by school personnel. This is helpful if a car's lights are left on or if there is a minor "fender bender" in the parking lot.
Ted Hall, Principal