Dear YHS Parents,
We have a busy week coming up at YHS and I want to make sure you have the information.
1. John Underwood presentation on Wednesday evening from 7:00-8:30 PM in the Yarmouth Performing Arts Center. He will be speaking to parents and students about Maximizing Athletic Performance and the Personal Well-Being of Teens. John is well known speaker with an important message that helps us to understand how the use of alcohol and drugs can impact athletic performance. This presentation is sponsored by Casco Bay CAN.
2. Are you the winner of the raffle at Open House? The students who are going to Turkey in April held a 50-50 raffle at Open House and the winner never came forward. If you have the winning ticket (584622), please let me know no later than Wednesday.
3. Swedish Visitors: This week, we are hosting ten students and two teachers from Sweden. They will be arriving tonight and will be attending school all week. Each student from Sweden is staying with a Yarmouth host family. This is a great opportunity for our students to learn about Sweden and its culture.
4. Each year the Prudential Spirit of Community recognizes and awards students who have made a difference volunteering in their communities. If you know a student who has made a difference through volunteering over the past year and would like to apply for this award please encourage that student to visit the following site: http://spirit.prudential.com. The application needs to be submitted by November 6, 2012. We have put this announcement out to students and thought it might be helpful if parents also knew about this award.
5. On Friday, during third period (9:30-10:40), the whole school will attend a presentation by Dick Beardsley who will tell his life story of being an elite marathon runner who became addicted to painkillers following a horrible farm accident. His story is inspiring. This presentation is made possible by New Balance and the Portland Running Company.
6. Finally, we have consolidated all of our "news" into one daily bulletin. You can access this on the front page of our website every day at: http://yhs.yarmouthschools.org/
Please be in touch if you have questions, comments, or concerns.
Principal's Office >