posted Jun 24, 2015, 4:21 PM by Josh_Ottow@yarmouthschools.org
updated Jul 7, 2015, 3:21 PM by Alice Barr-YHS
Dear YHS Parents,
As we finish out this school year, I want to provide you with some information that might be of interest to you. I believe this will be my last "YHS Update" for you as I end my time at YHS.
- Congratulations to the three teams that competed in state championships this past Saturday. Girls' Softball and Girls' Lacrosse both won their state championships in two very exciting games. Boys' Lacrosse played a great game, but fell to Cape Elizabeth so were the runner-ups. It was quite an exciting Saturday!
- Grades are now final, so if you would like to see the details of your child's grades, be sure to login to PowerSchool in the next three days at this link. After Friday, the system will be changed over to the next school year, so only the historical grades will be available. There will no longer be the specific information about grades on assignments for individual classes.
- We have quite a pile on our lost and found table. We will leave it there for the next week and then donate any unclaimed items to charity. If your child has something missing, it might be worth it to come by and look at the items on the table outside of the main office.
- If you find any items at home that look like they belong in school such as textbooks, athletic uniforms, headphones, calculators, etc., please drop them off at the main office during the summer.
- Our summer hours are from 8-3, Monday through Friday. As of July 1st, you will be greeted by our new guidance secretary, Kristina O'Brien, who will be located in the main office during the summer. For the last eleven years, Sara Petrovek has been our guidance secretary and was such a wonderful presence in the school, so I want to thank Sara for her great work here. YHS will miss her!
- As you plan your summer, two important dates that you will want to know: the first day of school is Tuesday, September 8thand the first day of fall sports pre-season is Monday, August 17th. Because school starts late this year, the pre-season is a full three weeks before school starts.
- As you are probably aware, I am retiring from Yarmouth High School effective June 30th. I have so enjoyed my ten years here working with your sons and daughters, a wonderful faculty, and a supportive community. I will continue to live in town, so I am sure I will see you around, but wanted to thank you for a wonderful opportunity to be principal at Yarmouth High School.
- On July 1st, Eric Klein will begin his work as the new principal. I am very excited about Eric's arrival. He is a proven leader who is a great match for our school and community. Starting July 1, you can reach him at school or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope you and your family have a wonderful summer. I know I am looking forward to a great Maine summer!
Ted Hall, Principal