Dear YHS Parents,
First, I would like to congratulate the cast, crew and directors of the One Act play for their outstanding performance on Saturday night in the Class B State Drama Festival. They were named state champions! If you are interested in seeing the complete results, go to this link.
Here is some information about upcoming activities in the next two weeks.
1. Parent-Principal Coffee--Tuesday Morning, March 26, 8:00-9:15 AM: If you are available, please come to this month's Parent-Principal Coffee tomorrow morning. The format is open with opportunities for us to talk about any number of issues regarding high school. The meeting will be held in the Flex Room.
2. Spring Sports Begin Today: Today is the first day of spring sports. In the spring, we offer girls and boys lacrosse, softball, baseball, girls and boys tennis, girls and boys outdoor track, as well as opportunities to participate in the ultimate frisbee club and the sailing club. Finally, although Yarmouth Crew is not a school-sponsored activity, many of our students participate in this sport as well.
3. CEP Presentations, Thursday, March 28: If your son or daughter is a tenth or eleventh grader, you have already been invited to the CEP Presentations that are done with the advisor group. This is a great opportunity to hear more about the CEP program through the other members of your child's advisor group. If you have any questions, please contact your advisor directly.
4. Pizza Regatta, Saturday, March 30: On Saturday, Yarmouth Crew has their annual Pizza Regatta in the cafeteria from 11:30-2:30. There are pizzas from a large number of local and Portland pizza places as well as door prizes. For $8.00, you can eat all the pizza you want. For more information, see the online poster at: http://www.celebrate16.org/pizzaregatta/
5. College Information Night, Wednesday, April 3, 6:30-8:00: Although this night is primarily for juniors and their parents, everyone is welcome to attend. This is an opportunity to learn about the college application process. We will have admission representatives from the University of Maine, Bates College, and Salve Regina University to answer questions for parents and students.
6. Power of One Night, Thursday, April 4, 6:30-8:00: If your son or daughter is a ninth grader, (s)he has been working on the Power of One. On this night, all students will be presenting what they have learned in a variety of ways. We strongly encourage parents to plan to come to the whole event where you will be able to talk to groups of students and see presentations about their work. This is open to all parents even if you do not have a ninth grader.
7. Senior Auction and Talent Show, Friday, April 5, 5:30-10:00 PM: This is the primary fundraiser for Project Graduation. There will be lots of presentations of senior talent, as well as both silent and live auction items. In addition, there will be lots of food for sale. I have attached a flyer for your information.
8. Third Quarter Grades Clase, Friday April 5: Grades for third quarter close on April 5th. All grades become final on April 11th. If you have any questions about your son or daughter's progress, please be in touch with the teacher.
As always, please be in touch if you have questions or concerns.
Ted Hall, Principal
Principal's Office >