Dear YHS Parents,
I have several items for you to keep you updated on what is going on at YHS.
1. Accreditation Survey--One More Request: Thank you so much for those of you who have completed the parent survey that is part of our accreditation process. For those who have not completed the survey, I am going to ask you just this one more time to take 5-10 minutes to complete it. I would love to get at least 50 more responses from parents to the survey. When you go to the survey, you will need to put in this code to start the survey: P2016494
Here is the link to the survey:
2. Public Policy Project--Volunteers Needed: It is time for YHS students in College Prep sections of U.S. History to present their Public Policy Projects. Students have been researching their chosen issues for several weeks and will be presenting their findings and recommendations to panels of students, teachers and community members. We are in need of a number of volunteers from the community to serve on these panels. Panelists are not asked to grade the student presentations but will have an opportunity to ask probing questions and provide feedback. The presence and participation of community members are key elements that help make this a rich and authentic learning experience for our students.The presentations are scheduled for the following dates and times:
If you are interested in serving on a panel, please go to the following link to sign up: www.ptcfast.com/reg1 At that link, you will be asked for your Entry Code, where you should enter 5AR149566 When you sign up for a time slot it will ask for a student name- please just enter X in that field. If you have questions please contact Caitlin Ruthman, Social Studies Learning Area Leader, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Hour of Code Information: Next week http://code.org/.and , all of our students will be participating in a nationwide program called "Hour of Code" where students are introduced to computer programming. We have lots of options for students and many volunteers coming in to help. Students will be doing this during their regular math instructional period on those days. For more information about the project, go to
4. Semiformal Dance this link to our student handbook online.: We are having our annual Semiformal Dance in the cafeteria from . Especially for ninth grade parents, but a good reminder for other parents, I would like you to know our guidelines for school dances. You can get all of the details from
5. Lions Club Tree Sale: The Lions Club gives several scholarships every year to our seniors, recognizing excellence in community service. Their primary fundraiser for these scholarships is through the sale of holiday trees. Please consider buying your tree from the Lions Club to support their scholarships. Their trees are sold on the town green at the site of the town hall and police station.
Please be in touch if you have questions, comments, or concerns.
Ted Hall, Principal
Principal's Office >