Dear YHS Parents,
We have settled in well after our first month of school. Students are busy with their schoolwork as well as many clubs and activities. I have several items for you as you start your weekend.
1. Next Tuesday, October 7th, is our flu vaccine day. Many parents have already signed up their children for this free vaccine. If by chance, you forgot to sign up your child, I have attached the forms to this email. Please sign and drop off in the main office on Monday or Tuesday morning. If you have questions, please contact Margi Moran, school nurse, at email@example.com.
2. Also, on Tuesday, we have our official "Progress Report" for first quarter. Since we report all grades on PowerSchool, there is no separate progress report, but you will find when you log in on Tuesday evening that teachers will have posted comments about your child's work there. This is the link to the PowerSchool login.
3. Also on Tuesday evening, October 7th from 6:30-8:00 PM, I will be hosting the first Parent Principal Coffee in the YHS Library. I want to talk about two items in particular as well as answer any questions that parents have about any aspect of the school. First, I would like to hear your perspective on the beginning of the school year. Second, I would like to provide you with additional information as well as answer questions about our work on cornerstone assessments. In a previous email (found at this link), I wrote to you about this work if you would like to be reminded before coming to this event. I hope that you can come.
4. Next Thursday, October 9th, is a very special day at YHS. The Maine Supreme Court is going to be in our YPAC hearing three appeal cases. Every year, the court visits three high schools and we were fortunate to be one of the schools this year. The students are learning about how the court works and will be briefed on the cases. They will see the lawyers presenting their arguments and the justices asking questions. This will take place in the late morning. I wish that I could open this up to parents, but space is very tight with all of our students and teachers attending. Be sure to ask your son or daughter about the experience next Thursday evening.
5. Monday, October 13th is Columbus Day so there is no school that day.
6. For planning purposes, Wednesday, October 15th is the date that the 9th graders go on their field trip to Fort Williams and both 10th and 11th graders take the PSATs. There is NO late start that day for grades 9, 10, and 11. Seniors will have a late start that day.
Please be in touch if you have any questions, concerns or comments.
Ted Hall, Principal
Principal's Office >