Dear YHS Parents,
As we finish off this week and head into Thanksgiving week, I have several items that may be of interest to you.
1. The fall musical, Urinetown: There are still a few tickets left for the remaining shows this weekend. this link. I am attending tonight, so can't vouch for the show first hand, but I have heard nothing but high praise for the show!and nights are almost sold out, but there are still plenty of tickets for the matinee. For information about tickets, please go to
2. Yarmouth Ski Swap The flyer with more information is attached at the bottom of this message. If you want to drop off items to sell, that happens this afternoon from .: The Yarmouth Ski Club, an organization dedicated solely to supporting the high school and middle school ski teams, is holding its annual Ski Swap from 9-12 at the Yarmouth Elementary School.
3. Pies for the YHS Staff: I sent an email earlier this week about Brenda Whitney's effort to have a pie for each YHS staff member as part of the staff appreciation efforts. She still needs more volunteers to make pies. Parents and students may sign up at this link (http://vols.pt/KdnD7W) called "Volunteer Spot" to help reach the goal of 70+ pies which translates into one pie for each person working at YHS to take home for their Thanksgiving. For questions about the pie project, please contact Brenda at email@example.com.
4. Freshman Class Sale of Yarmouth Clothing: The Class of 2018 is selling Yarmouth clothing (hooded and crew sweatshirts, open leg and closed leg sweatpants, long and short-sleeved t shirts) in blue, gray, and white, in various sizes as a fund raiser for our class and a school spirit endeavor (Go Clippers!). This is especially nice for students who may not be receiving clothing through a sports team but want to show their Clipper pride. Clothing has a CLIPPER SHIP on the front pocket area and 'YARMOUTH' on the back. Pants have 'YARMOUTH' down one leg. Orders and money are due by. Class Council members will be at tables during both lunches and you can also drop off forms and payment at the YHS main office. Goods will be delivered around the second week of December. The order form is attached at the bottom of this message.
5. Winter Concert,: The band and choral groups will be performing in the YPAC for their annual winter concert. If you have never attended one of these concerts, you are in for a treat; the musicians and singers are very talented!
6. Picture Retakes, The order form is attached at the bottom of this message as well.: For students who did not get their picture taken the first time or for those that just want to get a better picture, Lifetouch will be here for retakes on in the Flex Room. Only students who want a retake will go and should only go during lunch, break or study hall.
7. Semiformal Dance, breathalyzer tests for all students as they come into school dances. This was based on work that was done with students and teachers to create the conditions for safe and substance-free events at school. We will once again use the breathalyzer for all students as they enter the dance. Our school committee worked with us to create a policy for breathalyzer use, which you can find at this link. Students will be tested in a private area not in sight of other students coming into the dance. The type of breathalyzer that we use is one where the student does NOT have to put their mouth directly on it. Instead, the student blows into a funnel from a few inches away. The equipment is designed to determine whether there is any alcohol present in the breath. Often students ask if chewing gum can have a bearing on the test and it does not. The rest of the dance guidelines can be found at this link. Please be in touch if you have any questions.: The sophomore class will be hosting the Winter Semiformal Dance in the cafeteria. For the last three years, we instituted mandatory
8. Lions Club Tree Sale: The Yarmouth Lions Club always gives several scholarships to deserving YHS seniors in the spring. The fundraising for the scholarships comes from the Clam Festival and from the annual Tree Sale on the Yarmouth Green. Please consider supporting the Lions Club by buying your tree there, starting on. We appreciate how much they do to support our graduates.
Wow, that was a long list of items! I hope that you enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday break with your family. We do have schooland and then students have the rest of the week off.
Ted Hall, Principal
Principal's Office >