Dear YHS Parents,
I have a few items for you as we start this fall weekend. First of all, good luck to all of our teams as they end their regular seasons and begin the playoffs. The next few weeks promise to be very exciting as our teams enter the post-season competitions. I also want to mention that we had a very successful visit from the Maine Supreme Court. It was very interesting to see the court in action in front of the whole school community. I attached a note I received from the chief justice that is very complimentary to the students and the school.
Here are a few things coming up in the near future.
1. Picture Day--. This is the day we do school pictures for grades 9, 10 and 11. Students received the order forms in their advisor groups this week, but just in case that form is lost, I have attached a scanned copy of the form to this email. Students need to bring in the form with a check . We do take pictures of all 9th, 10th and 11th graders that we use for their student IDs and for PowerSchool. Any senior who wants to get a new picture for the ID can come in during first break/lunch.
2. Girls Ice Hockey Information Night--. Because the girls ice hockey season starts earlier than other sports seasons, they have their information night a couple weeks before the rest of the winter sports. Girls and their parents should come to the Flex Room at to hear about the upcoming season.
3. Quarter 1 Ends on. There are just two weeks left in the first quarter grading period. If you have questions about your son or daughter's grades, I would encourage you to go over this together so that there are no surprises at the end of the quarter. One week after the grades close, the first quarter grades become official. If you have questions about any classes, be sure to be in touch with teachers.
4. Winter Sports Information Night--. Before the fall season even finishes, we begin to think about our winter sports. Please plan to come at if your son or daughter is planning to participate in a winter sport. This is the time when you can hear from the coaches about the upcoming season. Locations for each team are posted at both entrances to the school.
5. Fall Musical is coming up soon! This year's production, Urinetown, will be performed the week of this link.with an open dress rehearsal and shows evening, Friday evening, Saturday afternoon and Saturday evening. Tickets will be going on sale soon. You might be wondering what this play could possibly be about with a title like Urinetown. This is a very interesting story indeed. For information about the play, you might want to check out
I hope you have a nice weekend.
Ted Hall, Principal
Principal's Office >